Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Location: Waterloo, ON
As a senior member of the engineering team you will have the opportunity to work on our most advanced systems. Working within a close-knit team you will demonstrate leadership, technical prowess, creativity, pride in your design and the customer experience you deliver. You will have the ability to design with quality and efficiency, extending technical boundaries that can unleash new experiences for our customers. You lead by example, can teach others and continually learn yourself. You have a passion for technical creativity and a reputation for getting the job done.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs electrical systems and complex, multi-layer printed circuit boards
- Produces layouts integrating RF, EMC, thermal management, energy management, sensors and configurable payloads
- Full engagement from technical road mapping through R&D, manufacturing and commercialization
- Creates technical specifications which enable engineering, testing, manufacturing to function seamlessly
- Takes ownership for quality and reliability (from procurement through to support) of component designs
- Creates working proof of concepts and prototypes to validate early designs
- Provides solid input for planning and organizing work
- Provides early notification of items which can impede the teams ability to deliver
- Continually seeks, applies, and shares lessons learned within the team
- Extensive knowledge in hardware systems design, integration and architecture
- Proven leader and communicator with internal and external teams
- Demonstrated ability with design decision making balancing physics, timelines and user experience.
- Hands-on ability to build your own designs spanning components, drivers, sensors and firmware.
- Experienced supporting vendors and sub-contractors
- Hands-on experience with MATLab and Mentor Graphics
Education and Experiene
- BS degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years building hardware designs in a similar role demonstrating both technical and leadership progression